Requirements for Coaches
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A CERTIFIED COACH IN THE ORADELL RECREATION PROGRAMS: As per town ordinance:
- You must have an official, unexpired & government-issued photo identification. Examples: U.S. Passport, NJ driver’s license.
- You must attend and complete the three hour nationally recognized Rutgers S.A.F.E.T.Y. Clinic. It is free of charge. Oradell will occasionally host a clinic in town (fall or spring).
- You must log onto “Community Pass”, and open an account. It is free, and doesn’t take long. This will be useful in many applications, such as when registering for item #2, above. Note: If it is anticipated that both a husband & wife will be coaching, you will each need to open an individual account for yourselves.
- You need to attend(virtually) and complete a Concussion Awareness program. Upon completion, please print out your certification, so you can show it to the required Recreation officials, and/or League Presidents. Go to “NFHS Learn” and find the free course: Concussion in Sports.
- Complete a state-issued Background check, which includes fingerprinting. Go to: http://uenroll.identogo.com. The website provides detailed scheduling instructions and a list of each unique service code. You’ll need a SERVICE CODE: 2F1J3Y AND THE “CONTRIBUTOR CASE #(aka, the Volunteer Registration #): B05003. (note: those are all zeros, not letter O’s)
- Finally, you must legibly PRINT your name, sign & date the “Code of Conduct” form (download available below) after you have read it. Return it back to either the Recreation Director, or your appropriate League President.
Effective: September, 2021